HOW TO "RECLAIM YOUR LIFE" YOUR LIFE WHILE RAISING AN SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD
No parent ever plans to have a
child with a disability. But when
faced with this unexpected
situation, you experience a
"roller coaster" of emotional reactions.
This seminar will examine:
- a child's diagnosis and its lasting effects on your life and family
- the different stages parents go through while coming to terms with the diagnosis
Parenting a child with a disability isn't easy. So, it's important for you
to take care of yourself in order to handle the everyday realities and
pressures of raising your son or daughter.
During this seminar, you'll learn proven techniques and coping strategies to:
- reclaim your life and take control again
- understand autism's impact on you, your family and your world
- meet the challenges of parenting a child with autism
- build the best life possible for you and your family
Whether you've just been handed the diagnosis or dealing with the autism challenge for years, this seminar will help you reclaim your life and take control again.
And if you're a family member, friend or professional, you'll learn how to understand and support the parents of special needs children.
Date: Saturday, September 10, 2016
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Location: Queens College Student Union Building
65-30 Kissena Blvd.
Flushing, NY 11367
Registration Fee: $25.00
You may register by calling (347) 869-4705 or online below.
Please click on the link below if you wish to pay for the seminar
by credit card.